Download the IEEE TBME Respiratory Rate Benchmark data set
This zip file contains the pulse oximetry benchmark data set that was used for the validation of the SmartFusion respiratory rate (RR) estimation algorithm presented in IEEE Transactions of Bio-Medical Engineering (2013) 60(7):1946-53. The SmartFusion estimates RR from the photoplethysmogram (PPG) using three respiratory induced variation of the PPG. The data in this set are derived from the capnobase data set.
The data set contains:
- raw PPG signal for 42 cases of 8 min duration
- pulse peak and artifact labels validated by an expert rater
- reference CO2 signal and derived instantaneous RR for all cases
- reference ECG signal with R peak and artifact labels, validated by an expert rater
- reference instantaneous HR derived from ECG and PPG pulse peak labels
- output of SmartFusion algorithm and sub-components when applied to this Benchmark data set for comparison with your algorithm
Check also the README.txt file in the zip file for more information.
Download link will become active when article is published.
Photoplethysmography Respiratory Rate Benchmark Data Set
- adds demographics information such as weight, age and ventilation mode to the meta structure
- fixes erronous reference.hr.pleth that were privously imported from signal that was not corrected for artifacts
- adds signal.ecg, labels.ecg, and reference.hr.ecg ; allows to compare hr against ECG
- initial public release
Scientific work citing the Capnobase IEEE TBME benchmark dataset
Please send us an email if you have published scientific work using this data and we will cite it here.